The mission of Whittier Street Health Center is to provide high quality, reliable and accessible primary health care and support services for diverse populations to promote wellness and eliminate health and social disparities.
Our vision is to serve as the premiere leader in urban healthcare to diverse populations.
Statement of Commitment
In order to ensure that Whittier Street Health Center’s programs and services achieve the mission and vision articulated by the organization’s leadership, we make a pledge to the community we serve to:
- Care for our patients as we would our loved ones: with expertise, compassion and respect;
- Personify initiative, innovation and tenacity in addressing community health priorities;
- Demonstrate that we foster an environment of diversity, reward excellence and added-value, and encourage good citizenship amongst employees;
- Work well with our colleagues and our community to advance the well-being of our clients;
- Exhibit leadership on critical issues in ways worthy of the public’s confidence; and
- Demonstrate accountability, integrity and resourcefulness in our financial stewardship.
At the heart of Whittier Street Health Center is a set of core values that permeate our customer service, patient care and staff interaction:
- Respect for team, patients and self
- Cultural competency in areas of culture, belief systems and language
- Community commitment
- Education of staff and community residents.
- Leadership organizationally and within the medical community
- Trust and trustworthiness
- Best place to work