September 2018, Fruits and Vegetables
The more – The Better. Yes! The more fruits and vegetables you eat, the better for your body. Fruits and veggies are high in vitamin, minerals and fiber and low in calories. Their consumption help improve your health. They can be consumed fresh, cooked, frozen or canned. These are some tips to increase fruit and vegetable intake:
- Add fruits such as berries, bananas, apples to your hot/cold cereal for breakfast.
- Change your plain scrambled eggs to omelet stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
- Include vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli and tomatoes to your pasta or rice.
- Use onions, peppers and garlic to add flavor to meat.
- Have fresh fruits and vegetables ready to eat as snacks. Apples, bananas, oranges, chopped vegetables such as peppers, cucumbers, celery, cherry tomatoes.