We want to a take a moment to let you know that Whittier Street Health Center is continuing to provide services to our patients during the Coronavirus outbreak. Every employee and patient will be screened at the reception area of our building – 1290 Tremont Street and 279 Blue Hill Ave by our Infection Control team. All events will be canceled until after May 1st, 2020. Your health and well-being is our top priority. If there are any changes in our service delivery and planned events, we will update this notice.
We have posted information at the health center for our patients. If you are a patient and have any questions or concerns, please contact your care delivery team for guidance and information.
These are the best sites for reliable information:
The best source for accurate information is the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The CDC has a section dedicated to coronavirus that includes regularly updated information on:
- the disease: how it spreads, symptoms, treatment, etc.
- the situation: in the U.S. and abroad, how the U.S. is responding, and what may happen next.
- Guidance for businesses and employers. This page includes strategies for employers to use now, and information about planning for a potential U.S. outbreak.
State & Local Government
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has an information page on coronavirus. Data on statewide flu cases and coronavirus is reported in the state’s Weekly Flu Report.
- The City of Boston also has an information page on coronavirus and it includes links to fact sheets in multiple languages.
Last updated: March 9, 2020