Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care is a partnership between the Whittier Street Health Center and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Our on-site comprehensive cancer care program offers the following:
- Expert second opinion for known malignancies
- Efficient diagnostic work-up of suspected malignancies
- Immediate referrals into disease specific departments at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Referrals to breast health specialists at Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Referrals to dental specialists at Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Referrals to geneticists and genetic testing
- No-cost lung cancer screening and on-site tobacco cessation counseling
- Insurance verification
- Live professional medical interpreter services
- Social work support
- Cancer education resource room
- Expert and compassionate coordination of care
Your doctor may put you in touch with us if you:
- Received abnormal results from a test that relates to cancer (for example, a pap smear or mammogram)
- Were treated for cancer in the past but do not have a doctor involved in your cancer care now
- May be at risk for cancer (for example, if your primary doctor is concerned about your family’s health history)
You can also contact us directly if you think our services might help you.
For more information regarding Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care, please contact us at (617) 632-5335 or (617) 989-3267. To schedule an appointment for a mammography, please call our office at (617) 989-3200 or (617) 989-3260. Our fax number is (617) 632-4088.
The health disparities experienced by LGBTQ people are linked to a long history of stigma and discrimination. Our goal is to make health care services more welcoming to LGBTQ people, and to assure that all patients receive sensitive and appropriate preventive, medical, and behavioral health care. With a specially trained provider champion the clinical team will provide an open and honest
environment, and provide care that respects the populations unique health needs.
The LGBTQ primary care provider will be able to assist in the areas of:
- Disease risk reduction and prevention
- STD and HIV screening and treatment
- Transgender health services including hormonal medical care
- Medical and behavioral health services for LGBTQ and questioning youth
- Management of chronic diseases: hypertension, diabetes, lung disease
- Smoking cessation
- Referral to Family planning
- Well adult care
- Well child care, including immunizations
- Urgent care visits
- Specialty and support services
Other Specialty Services
At Whittier we offer expert and comprehensive care in all areas of Orthopedics, Sports Medicine and athletic injuries.
Fax Number: (617) 858-2662
This specialized clinic, led by an experienced podiatrist, provides a full-range of foot care services.
Fax Number: (617) 858-2669