Whittier Street Health Center: COVID-19 update
– Effective April 13th, 2020, Whittier will provide scheduled COVID19 Testing to all. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak in our area, Please call to schedule your COVID19 testing.
The COVID19 Testing will be provided from 9 am to 5 pm on Monday to Friday and Saturday from 9 AM to 4 PM.
Following CDC guidance, we recommend testing if you have a
- Fever of 100°F or higher
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
Or if you have any of the following medical conditions?
- Asthma or chronic lung disease
- Serious heart condition, such as congestive heart failure
- Diseases or conditions that make it harder to cough
- Extreme obesity
- Kidney failure or end stage renal disease
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Conditions that result in a weakened immune system, including cancer treatment
- Do you live in a nursing home or long-term care facility?
- Are you a health care worker, first responder or law enforcement officer?
- Do you live or work in a treatment facility, group home or other group setting?
- Are you a caregiver for either an older person (age 60 or older) or someone who has a weakened immune system?
There will be no charge for the testing.
– Whittier’s clinics on 1290 Tremont Street and 279 Blue Hill Ave are OPEN for IN-PERSON medical sick visits, flu clinic, Ob/Gyn and to manage your chronic condition/s. Our Pediatric and Adolescent clinic is also open for in-person visits.
-Whittier’s clinics on 1290 Tremont Street and 279 Blue Hill Ave are also offering telehealth services for all ages.
– Whittier’s Behavioral Health Services is open for in-person and telehealth visits.
– Please continue to manage your non-COVID19 medical condition during the pandemic. If you need help, please contact our High Risk Nurses, Provider Team or Care Coordinators.
-Whittier’s Dental department is open for emergency visits only. Please call if you have an urgent need for dental care.
– Whittier’s Eyecare is open for eyeglasses distribution only. If you had ordered a pair of glasses, and need to pick them up, please contact the Eye Care department to schedule the pick up.
– Whittier’s Food Pantry on 1290 Tremont Street is open to our patients.
– We have launched an Emergency Childcare Center at 1290 Tremont Street. We are accepting children in the childcare program.
– We are accepting new patients!
Wishing you good health.
Stay safe and follow the CDC safety guidelines.
Your health and wellness partners at Whittier!